A SUMMARY OF OUR BELIEFS
1. We believe that the Bible is the inspired Word of God, His complete revelation. The 66 books of the Bible are completely sufficient, authoritative, infallible, and inerrant. God is the primary author of the Bible and He used men from different time periods and places to write down everything He wanted to reveal about Himself and the great plan of salvation through Jesus Christ. God’s Word is the source of our beliefs and drives everything we do.
2. We serve the living true God, who is one in essence, but three in persons. The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit make up the Godhead and each are equally deserving of worship and obedience.
3. God personally created the heavens and the earth and everything in them out of nothing, in the manner and timeframe that the Bible describes.
4. God is in complete control of all things and is intimately involved in all of creation and in believers’ lives, working out all things for good and for His glory.
5. People, both male and female, are created in the image of God. Man fell into sin, and disobeyed God. All people are born with a sinful nature. Apart from God’s grace, they are in a helpless and lost condition.
6. Before the foundation of the world, our triune God had the plan of salvation worked out. Jesus Christ who is truly God also became truly human and lived a perfect life because we could not do so. Jesus took our place and died on a cross even though He was innocent, so that all who believe in Him would be saved through Him, be given new life, and be adopted into God’s family. Jesus died and bore God’s wrath to pay the punishment for our sins, and to accomplish our righteousness. We are saved by grace alone, through faith alone in Christ alone.
7. The Holy Spirit regenerates all those whom God calls into His family, by changing their hearts and giving them a new nature that is no longer enslaved to sin. The Holy Spirit then indwells the believer; and for the rest of the believer’s life, works in cooperation with the believer in growing him into a deeper relationship with God, and transforms him more and more into the likeness of Christ. Christians are to dedicate their lives to Christ, living lives of prayer and communion with God, studying the Bible, and doing good works to the glory of God alone.
8. The Church consists of the people, who God, in Christ, has called out of the world to be a people for His own possession. God uses the preaching from His Word, through the regeneration of the Holy Spirit, to convert and transform the hearts of people. The people of God gather together to worship Him, and as the body of Christ, use their gifts to minister to one another, and mature into the likeness of Christ. We are committed to the preaching of the whole counsel of God, and observing the two sacraments: Baptism and Lord’s Supper.
9. Jesus is the victor over sin and death because He rose from the dead. He ascended into heaven and now reigns and intercedes for us from the right hand of God the Father.
10. We anticipate and prepare for the return of Jesus when He will come to judge the living and the dead, and make all things new. We believe in the resurrection from the dead. We will then joyfully live in His presence forever worshipping and serving Him.